A gas leak forced the closure of a Ventura supermarket for almost 12 hours Thursday.
The incident began around 4:45 AM Thursday morning when Ventura City Fire responded to a hazardous materials incident at Ralph's on Victoria Avenue in Ventura.
The store had been evacuated when firefighters arrived on the scene.
What they found was a gas leak in the wall behind the fryer in the deli section of the store.
The Gas Company and a plumber were called in and the store was closed while the problem was fixed.
The store reopened around 4 PM Thursday.